Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Couture VS Cake


As much as I love my Project Runway, I'm also into some other shows that I like a lot.
 I'm a Chef by trade, (for over 25 years), so some of the cooking shows on the Food and Travel Chanels can reeally draw me in. I especially like the cake decorating shows - not my strong point when it comes my trade, so maybe that's why I find it so interesting to watch. Now that they use fondant instead of the old fashioned buttercream frosting, the possibilities are endless in what a decorator can do with her or his creativity.

One show that I like a lot is Cake Boss.
Maybe it's everyone's thick Brooklyn accent that *I like so much, but it's also the amazingt cakes Buddy Valastro and his staff put together that are nothing less than eye-popping toshow stoppers. I was also quite impressed with the time and effort he puts in the "Make A Wish" program - a true labor of love and I really admire that.


Cake Boss
Buddy Valastro


I think my facination forFashion and Food is getting a tad bit out of hand.
Yesterday I got into a Cake Boss marathon and while watching, I browsed the Project Runway site and also worked on my own site dedicated to the show.
It's not like me to sit like a vegged out blob in front of the boob tube like that, but the Cake Boss was turning out some really cool cakes and I was enjoying the progress I was making on my PR site - the best of both worlds I guess, lol.

So I go to sleep last night and I had the most vivid and realistic dream about Project Runway which includes all of this season's designers - I loved it!
 It was as if the next challenge was taking place with me there in person to watch all the creative magic unfold. I guess I was the "guest judge" because when it came time for the designs to hit the runway I was sitting in the guest judge seat right alongside Michael Kors, Nina Garcia and Heidi Klum.
Only one missing from my dream was Tim Gunn, (DRAT!)
I was downright giddy with anticipation as the lights went down and the first model began her strut down the runway - WOOHOO!!

Every single model that stopped to do her sashay and pose was wearing the most enchanted, gorgeous, mouth-watering design of a giown.
Each one that passed by me was my absolute favorite!

 The designers were all seated where they usually do watching with pride as their models served up their scrumptious couture, each beaming as bright as proud parents gazing to their first borns.
When it was over I was totally deflated - I wanted MORE!!
Michael, Nina and Heidi were just as impressed as I was and all four of us were abuzz with our praises of the sweet magic that was just presented before us.
It came time for Heidi to call out all the models to join their designer and I worried how in the world I was going to be able to pick a winner?
 ALL the designs were amazing!
My tummy had giant butterflies fluttering all about as I looked to each of the models and their designers, their anxious faces lit up like children at Christmas. Their fashion fate was in our hands and the desire for more was just too much -
I couldn't contain myself and blurted out loudly, "I want to taste ALL of them!"

Then it hit me -
the models were decorated from head to toe like fancy cakes!
My moutn dropped open like a stunned codfish and the only thing I could think about was findiong me a (very BIG), plate and fork
YUMMY!!


Before I had chance to start devouring these delectable designs, I woke up and no,
there wasn't a big bite out of my pillow!

Think it's time to take a break and walk away from the TV!!

No comments:

Post a Comment